My Shibori and Indigo Workshop was featured on the Kept in Stitches blog!
“We attended Sandra Johnson’s Shibori and Indigo Dyeing class today and it was amazing. We had the privilege of using the culinary arts classroom at Calabasas High School for our workshop. The… ”
For the rest of the write-up, click the link: Shibori and Indigo Dyeing with Sandra Johnson
January 29th, 2017 9pm-4pm at Calabasas High School.
Cost of the workshop includes all materials.
$110 for members of the Valley Modern Quilt Guild. $125 for non-members.
Shibori is an ancient Japanese dyeing technique using natural dyes. In this class we use natural indigo which has antibacterial properties and has been used abundantly throughout world history. It’s a great contemporary way to update and refresh clothing or soft accessories.
• Learn the fundamentals of this historic pattern making process.
• Concentration on folded, tied and clamped resist
• Dye natural fiber goods in a plant derived indigo vat
• Learn to create and maintain an indigo vat
• All dyestuff provided
• Cotton fabric (42″ x 42″) will be provided.
• Instruction will be given on a creating a variety of patterns.
To sign up for the workshop, click here: http://valleymqg.org/sandra-johnson-workshop/
See you there!