• Find a cross-stitch needlepoint pattern that you love.
• Enlarge the pattern so you can see the stitches clearly.
• Translate the stitches into squares or half-square-triangles of fabric.
• Choose your colors. Try to match the colors for the needlepoint thread, or come up with your own.
• Begin piecing in rows until your image takes shape!
There are cross-stitch patterns for every occasion.
This really opens up the possibilities of quilting, and it can jump-start your imagination when you get stuck for ideas.