Indigo Dye and Shibori Workshop with Sandra Johnson.

Sandra blueTime to register! Limitd spaces!

Indigo Dye and Shibori Workshop with Sandra Johnson.

Come learn the art of Shibori

Come learn the art of Shibori

Limited Space Pre-Register

Oakland Nov 4        11:00am – 2:00pm  Eventbrite

Oakland Nov 4           2:00pm – 5:00pm Eventbrite

Long Beach Nov 12  11:00am – 2:00pm Eventbrite

Long Beach Nov 12  2:00pm – 5:00pm  Eventbrite

Santa Ana Nov 26    11:00am – 2:00pm  Eventbrite

Santa Ana Nov 26     2:00pm – 5:00pm  Eventbrite

Great fun learning the art of Japanese dyeing that involves folding, twisting or bunching of cloth and binding it, then dyeing in indigo.

Shibori is an ancient Japanese dyeing technique using natural dyes, and in this class you will use natural indigo, which antibacterial properties and has been used abundantly throughout history around the world. Learn the fundamentals of this timeless pattern-making process. We will concentrate on folding, tying, and using clamp resists, and dye in a plant-derived indigo vat. All dye materials and several pieces of cotton will be provided.

I am a passionate teacher who encourages students to create unique fabric creations, whether the end product is a quilt or garment. Creating what is important to the maker is a joyful experience that I try to pass on in my workshops. Wherever you are in your design process my goal is to inspire your creative “genius” and improve your techniques.

Please join me at one of my local classes or suggest that your guild hire me for a lecture and workshop.

blue-dress-back.jpgblue-dress.jpgimg_0637img_0638