January 29th, 2017 9pm-4pm at Calabasas High School.
Cost of the workshop includes all materials.
$110 for members of the Valley Modern Quilt Guild. $125 for non-members.
Shibori is an ancient Japanese dyeing technique using natural dyes. In this class we use natural indigo which has antibacterial properties and has been used abundantly throughout world history. It’s a great contemporary way to update and refresh clothing or soft accessories.
• Learn the fundamentals of this historic pattern making process.
• Concentration on folded, tied and clamped resist
• Dye natural fiber goods in a plant derived indigo vat
• Learn to create and maintain an indigo vat
• All dyestuff provided
• Cotton fabric (42″ x 42″) will be provided.
• Instruction will be given on a creating a variety of patterns.
To sign up for the workshop, click here: http://valleymqg.org/sandra-johnson-workshop/
See you there!